- 1 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. each ground cumin, ancho chile powder, dried oregano, and brown sugar
- 4 (8 oz.) boneless rib-eye steaks, 1-inch thick
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 pint mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce,seeded, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- Combine 1 tsp. of the salt, cumin, ancho chile powder, oregano, and brown sugar; rub over steaks. Let marinate at room temperature while
preparing outdoor grill or preheating grill pan.
- Grill steaks 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, for medium-rare, 10 to 12 minutes for medium. Transfer steaks to a platter; cover loosely with
foil while making salsa.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until softened, 4 minutes. Add tomatoes, chipotle, and lime juice. Cook, tossing mixture, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer salsa to a bowl; toss with cilantro. Spoon over steaks.